This year was especially exciting as Mom's cousin got his own dog, a Mini Pincher named Layla! Check out Layla below. She's a small thing, but she is one tough cookie with all of us big dogs. Look, the football is almost bigger than her!
We spend lots of time running around the deck and backyard. Since I don't have my own yard at home, I sure love to run round and round and round at the cottage. In the picture below you will see the two Huskies. Bailey is the white/caramel colored one and Stormy is the grey/white one.
And of course, the king of the family was there. Spencer, the eldest dog, but still the sweetie he has always been. Spence is on his new medication that helps with his achy hind legs. He has been in wonderful spirits since he started taking the new meds. Go Spence!!
Cottage time also means swimming in Lake Paw Paw (name is fitting, isn't it). I jumped right on in and was off and paddling.
I could fetch my aqua Kong for hours, but that doesn't mean I'll give it back to Mom or Dad.
Here, Layla is enjoying her first boat ride. I hope she loves the wind in her ears just as much as I do. While she was enjoying the wind, I was sneaking ice cubes out of the cooler. He he!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Oh, I can not forget that my Aussie friend Noah tagged me for the About Me Meme!
Here are the rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post,the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?I wasn't even born yet. Neither was my doggy Mom or Dad or Grandmas or Grandpas. He he!
2. What are the 5 things on my to do list for today: Wake Mom up when she doesn't get up to her alarm, go outside and great all pups of the neighborhood, nap on my couch waiting for Mom to get home from work, go to agility class and try to steal a bully stick on my way out of agility class.
3. Snacks I enjoy: CHEESE, salmon treats, peanut butter and anything that Mom and Dad are eating.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: With all that money, I would find a way for every homeless animal to have a home, so no more animals have to be scared and lonely. I'd also want Mom and Dad to be home with me all the time, so we could always have FUN!
5. Three of my bad habits: I jump up on people when I'm greeting them, I cry/whine for no reason ALL the time and I'm food obsessive, if you've got food with you, I'm gonna be all over you!
6. Five places I have lived: I've only lived with my breeder and then with my Mom and Dad in Chi-town.
7. Five jobs I have had: Official greeter for all dogs on my street, cutest grand dog ever, alarm clock dog for Mom, jogging partner for Dad and mascot for my building.
'Till next time,